This Week and Beyond at St Michael's
Welcome to St Michael's.
Please use the Contact tab above to get in touch: we are active online and onsite and would love you to join us
COP26 is coming - This Sunday (3rd) we have a special hour long Vigil for the environment at 4pm
Harvest series of talks continues this Thursday evening online: see section below for all our events this week
Coronavirus is still with us - infection controls remain in our building (sanitiser, registration, face coverings, social distanced seating)
Find us on Facebook (link to the left)
and on our You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBdry9xmw-k0XSHumOckD1w
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for all the news and more: please use the Contact tab above
SUNDAY 10th October 2021 Trinity 19
- 10am Sung Eucharist for Creation Time online and onsite
- 3 pm Prayer Walk with reflection on the environment: meet in the church car park
Also this week:
- Monday 11th 7.30 pm Bible Study Group on Zoom: we continue our reading through St Mark's Gospel
- Tuesday 12th 7.30 pm Book Group on Zoom: Gaudy Night by Dorothy L Sayers
- Wednesday 13th: 11am Said Eucharist in church - the Covid-19 measures still apply
- Thursday 14th: 7.30 pm Harvest Talks 2 via Zoom: short talk + discussion time Florence Schecter on 'Vulvas in Medieval Art'
- Friday 15th: 10.30 am Keep fit session on Zoom
SUNDAY October 17th 2021 Trinity 20
- 10am Sung Eucharist for the Creation Season: attend online or onsite
- 4-5 pm Prayer Vigil for the environment around the candlelit Taizé Cross
St Michael's October 2021:
- Sundays: you can attend the main 10am service online or onsite. Online you can participate fully in the worship and talk to others. Onsite our refurbishments in the building have nearly been completed. The Lady Chapel has now been opened up providing more seating. Covid measures still apply. Online or onsite you would be very welcome to join us. Send us a message using the Contact tab above.
- Sunday afternoons our special sequence of vigils and walks will lead up and into the COP26 Climate Change Conference. Parish prayer walks begin at 3pm in our church car park and we walk a short circuit in a different area of our locality each time. Join us on 10th October for the next one. Don't forget to wear appropriate footwear and clothing. Our prayer vigils begin at 4pm next one on 17th October - you can drop by at any time during the one hour the prayer space is open in the building and it is also available online. Walks and Vigils alternate and are listed in the section above each week.
- Harvest Season Talks: we are stretching our minds this autumn with a special series of talks with discussion time online every Thursday beginning on Thursday 30th September at 7.30pm. Use the Contact tab above if you would like to join us.
- Keeping everyone safe - we are an inclusive church and so we think it important that everyone who wants should be able to attend worship safely. The PCC have decided to retain all our anti Covid-19 arrangements (sanitiser, face covering, registration, social distancing, one way system in the building) and the worship is still restricted (no singing, Peace by sign language only, and no common cup is shared).
- Limited use of the building - we remain active online and have restricted the use of the building as part of our anti Covid strategy. The number we can welcome onsite has just been expanded now the Lady Chapel has been opened up once more. We are committed to keeping our online live streaming as a permanent feature.
- Holy Communion: If anyone would like Communion at Home please use the Contact tab above. The Vicar is able to provide Communion for you in a Covid secure way on request.
- Inclusive Church: we are formally affiliated to the Inclusive Church Network - if you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find the logo - click on this and it will take you to a new website providing more details about this.
- We have a resource for praying for the Departed which can be downloaded by clicking here.
- We have a section on how to donate to St Michael's. Use the Info tab above and you will find the entry on Stewardship and a big thank you to all those who support what we do. This has enabled us to carry on developing new ways of supporting and serving one another and our wider community during the epidemic.