This Week and Beyond at St Michael's
To join our ever growing number online on Sundays and/or to receive our daily link email use the Contact tab above. We move into a focus on Creation and the environment in our worship on Sundays.
Stay alert, save lives and protect the NHS - Hands, face, space! STOP the spread of Covid-19 by limiting social contact and obey the Rule of Six - though it could be less than 6.
The Vicar and the PCC (Parish Church Council) have decided we are only opening for very limited use of the building from October. See below for precise details.
Formal Notice: The Annual Parish Church Meeting will be held on Wednesday 14th October at 7 pm on Zoom. Members of the Electoral Roll will be entitled to vote in the 2 Church Wardens, the PCC members and Stewards (Sidespeople). The Electoral Roll members will be sent a copy of the full Annual Report and Accounts in advance. As is customary at St Michael's we shall also be discussing our vision for the future.
- The church building will only be open for a limited number of fixed events from 27th September - use the diary section below to keep up to date but generally we are going to be in church on Wednesdays at 11am for a short service only at the moment. The Vicar will still be transmitting the Sunday Eucharist live on Zoom. Use the contact tab above to get on the invitation list.
- Baptism and Confirmation with Eucharist Bishop Steven will be going ahead with us to baptise and confirm our 3 candidates on 27th September. This special event will take place in church by invitation only. We will be transmitting the service live on Zoom so as many of us as possible can support and participate. This will be the first time we use the inside of our church for a gathered service. We shall be extending the Bishop's Eucharist by means of a simple Communion Office at 4pm later the same day. Details for this will be sent via email to our pastoral network list.
- Inclusive Church: we are now formally affiliated to the Inclusive Church Network - if you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find the logo - click on this and it will take you to a new website providing more details about this.
- We have a resource for praying for the Departed which can be downloaded by clicking here.
- We now have a section on how to donate to St Michael's. Use the Info tab above and you will find the entry on Stewardship and a big thank you to all those who support what we do. This has enabled us to carry on developing new ways of supporting and serving one another and our wider community during the lockdown.
Sunday 20th September Trinity 15
- 10 am Zoom Live Eucharist for the Trinity Season request an order of service via email if you would like one and are not already on our pastoral network. Our numbers have gone up once again this week.
Prayer for this week:
Lord God, defend your Church from all false teaching and give to your people knowledge of your truth, that we may enjoy eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.Amen.
Morning Prayer on Wednesday this week.
- 11 am outside on the front lawn of church - inside if weather is bad. Bring your own coffee.
Saints and Festivals for this Week:
St Matthew the Apostle Monday 21st: Prayers for tax collectors, stewards of state finances, those who have just made a major life change to improve their lives and that of others.
- Ember days Wednesday, Friday and Saturday - time to prepare for autumn and to pray for all those being ordained at this time.
- Lancelot Andrewes, Bishop of Winchester and spiritual writer, 1626 Friday 25th Prayers for our bishops especially in the Diocese of Oxford: Steven, Colin, Alan and Olivia; for all who produce devotional materials to enrich our prayer lives.
Next Week 27th September Patronal and Confirmation
- Zoom live at 10 am Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist
- Bishop Steven will preside. The order of service and link to the service will be sent out to those on our pastoral email network. If you would like to be included please use the Contact tab above to be included in the event. NB we blind copy recipients in our messages so we protect your privacy.