This Week and Beyond at St Michael's
Welcome to St Michael's.
This is the first full week of Lent - see our events below
We are staying home to save lives and to protect our NHS - so we are worshipping and meeting up online. See below for our events. Please do join us - you can get in touch using the Contact tab above
Find us on Facebook using the link to the left and on our You Tube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBdry9xmw-k0XSHumOckD1w
First Sunday in Lent
10 am Live Zoom Eucharist
- Monday 22nd 7.30 pm Zoom Bible Study Group - we begin to read the Book of Esther this week
- Tuesday 23rd : our parish online Book Group continues at 7.30 pm: A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Wednesday 24th Lent Group live streamed on Zoom at 10am - reading Paula Gooder The Joy of the Gospel
- Morning Prayer on Wednesday live streamed on Zoom at 11am
- Thursday 25th Ecumenical Lent Group begins 7.30 pm on Zoom York Course on "Caring for Creation"
- Friday 26th Move to the Groove our regular keep fit session online at 10.30 am
To join us for any of our events email using the Contact Tab above. We also have a regular (Monday to Friday) email message network. We protect your privacy and will not share any of your personal information. We are also a genuinely friendly bunch and now is a good time to join us.
28th February 2021 Lent 2
10 am Live Zoom Eucharist for the Season of Lent
St Michael's during February 2021:
- The church building is currently closed but we remain active: the Vicar will be in the church building most days to look after things as well as live stream or video services. We remain active online - daily emails, Sunday Eucharist, Monday Bible study group, Tuesday Book group, Wednesday Morning Prayer, Friday keep fit.
- PCC Resolution - our Parish Church Council has passed a formal resolution to move all our worship online during this time of Level 5 national emergency. When Level 4 is declared and our local infection rate has dropped to below the national average we will resume our Wednesday morning services in church.
- Holy Communion: the Eucharist is celebrated on Sundays but of course Holy Communion cannot be shared. If anyone would like Communion at Home please use the Contact tab above. The Vicar is able to provide Communion for you in a Covid secure way on request.
- Inclusive Church: we are formally affiliated to the Inclusive Church Network - if you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find the logo - click on this and it will take you to a new website providing more details about this.
- We have a resource for praying for the Departed which can be downloaded by clicking here.
- We have a section on how to donate to St Michael's. Use the Info tab above and you will find the entry on Stewardship and a big thank you to all those who support what we do. This has enabled us to carry on developing new ways of supporting and serving one another and our wider community during the lockdown.
The Season of Lent at St Michael's
- Sundays at 10am: our weekly Eucharist is in Lenten mode - streamed live on Zoom
- Wednesdays at 10am Discussion group via Zoom on Paula Gooder's The Joy of the Gospel
- Wednesdays at 11am Morning service for the Lent season - streamed live on Zoom
- Thursdays at 7.30 pm Ecumenical discussion group via Zoom on the York Course Caring for Creation
To take part in any of these events please use the contact tab above and send us an email.