This Week and Beyond at St Michael's
Welcome to St Michael's. You can use the Contact tab above to get in touch.
The Easter Season continues and we will be remembering HRH Prince Philip who died last week (see below).
The Government's Step Two begins on Monday 12th April: Rule of Six or two households allowed outdoors only. Stay local, work from home if you can; shops reopen including gyms and hairdressers plus pubs or restaurants can offer outdoor table service only. Full details on the Government's website.
Find us on Facebook (link to the left) and on our You Tube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBdry9xmw-k0XSHumOckD1w
EASTER 2 Sunday 11th April
- 10am Livestream on Zoom: Eucharist for 2nd Sunday of Easter with prayers remembering Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Special services of commemoration for HRH the Duke of Edinburgh
- Short commemoration service of prayer will be sent out via email this week for use on Saturday 17th April the day of the funeral - do ask to join our network using the Contact Tab above
- A Requiem of Thanksgiving will be celebrated on Wednesday 21st April at 11am (seats available only on request for this event; please use the Contact tab above)
St Michael's during April 2021:
- The church building is currently closed but we remain active: the Vicar will be in the church building most days to look after things as well as to live stream or video services.
- Wednesdays at 11am: Short Said Eucharist will recommence in church from 21st April. Mandatory use of face coverings, social distancing, hand sanitiser and registration systems are all in place. No social contact between households is allowed. Our legal limit is 23 people. Bring the order of service to use on a mobile device if you can but you can join in without one.
- PCC Resolution - our Parish Church Council will be reviewing our own three point Plan for moving out of lockdown next week. Our Sunday Eucharist remains live streamed online via Zoom at 10am each week.
- Holy Communion: the Eucharist is celebrated every Sunday online but of course Holy Communion cannot be shared. If anyone would like Communion at Home please use the Contact tab above. The Vicar is able to provide Communion for you in a Covid secure way on request.
- Inclusive Church: we are formally affiliated to the Inclusive Church Network - if you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find the logo - click on this and it will take you to a new website providing more details about this.
- We have a resource for praying for the Departed which can be downloaded by clicking here.
- We have a section on how to donate to St Michael's. Use the Info tab above and you will find the entry on Stewardship and a big thank you to all those who support what we do. This has enabled us to carry on developing new ways of supporting and serving one another and our wider community during the lockdown.