This Week and Beyond at St Michael's
Welcome to St Michael's.
This is Christian Aid Week and we have a Climate Change theme this year.
We are taking our next steps towards opening our building as several of us are physically present leading the online worship on Sundays.
We are currently at Step Two on the Government's Roadmap: Stay local, work from home, rule of six or two households meeting outdoors with social distancing outdoors only. Shops, gyms, hairdressers, theme parks or attractions, pubs, cafés and restaurants with outdoor seating can all now open.
Find us on Facebook (link to the left) and on our You Tube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBdry9xmw-k0XSHumOckD1w
Please use the Contact tab above to get in touch.
EASTER 6 Christian Aid Sunday 9th May
- 10am Livestream on Zoom: Christian Aid Sunday Eucharist; live music in the building.
- Monday 10th to Wednesday 12th: Rogation Days - pray for good weather and abundant harvests
- Wednesday 12th: 11am Said Eucharist in church - following strict Covid-19 measures
- ASCENSION DAY Thursday 13th: 9.30am Said Eucharist in church and at 11am livestreamed service for Marston Court
- Also going on via Zoom this week: Bible Study group, Book Group, Keep fit session
St Michael's during May 2021:
- Sundays: during May the building is being prepared and some next steps taken towards reopening the doors on Sunday mornings. During May we remain online with the live-streaming of our main service at 10am each week.
- Wednesdays at 11am: Short Said Eucharist is now celebrated in the church building each week. Mandatory use of face coverings, social distancing, hand sanitiser and registration systems are all in place. No social contact between households is allowed. Our legal limit is 23 people. Bring the order of service dowloaded on a mobile device if you can but it is possible to join in without this.
- Pentecost on May 23rd: a special open air service will be celebrated at 4 pm ending with Evening Prayer said in church - the rules that apply to Wednesday mornings (see above) will also be observed when we are in church.
- PCC Resolution - our Parish Church Council has reviewed our official Plan to ease out of lockdown and we have activated Phase Two of Three. This means we have begun our preparations for reopening our building. The next significant change is due at the end of May so watch this space.
- Holy Communion: If anyone would like Communion at Home please use the Contact tab above. The Vicar is able to provide Communion for you in a Covid secure way on request.
- Inclusive Church: we are formally affiliated to the Inclusive Church Network - if you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find the logo - click on this and it will take you to a new website providing more details about this.
- We have a resource for praying for the Departed which can be downloaded by clicking here.
- We have a section on how to donate to St Michael's. Use the Info tab above and you will find the entry on Stewardship and a big thank you to all those who support what we do. This has enabled us to carry on developing new ways of supporting and serving one another and our wider community during the lockdown.