This Week and Beyond at St Michael's
Welcome to St Michael's.
Please use the Contact tab above to get in touch: we are active online and onsite and would love you to join us.
COP26 is coming - a series of Sunday afternoon vigils and prayer walks are planned leading into this. See below for more information
Coronavirus is still with us - infection controls remain in our building (sanitiser, registration, face coverings, social distanced seating)
Find us on Facebook (link to the left)
and on our You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBdry9xmw-k0XSHumOckD1w
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for all the news and more: please use the Contact tab above
SUNDAY Trinity 16 September 19th 2021
- 10am Sung Eucharist for the Creation Season Join us via the livestream on Zoom or onsite
- 4 pm Prayer Vigil:: join us for all or part of an hour to reflect on the environment around our Taizé Cross: online or onsite
Also this week:
- Monday 20th 7.30 pm Bible Study Group on Zoom: we resume our sifting through St Mark's Gospel
- Tuesday 21st 7.30 pm Book Group on Zoom: chapter 4 of Gaudy Night by Dorothy L Sayers
- Wednesday 22nd : 11am Said Eucharist in church - the Covid-19 measures still apply
- Friday 24th: 10.30 am Keep fit session on Zoom
SUNDAY Trinity 17 September 26th 2021
- 10am Sung Sunday Eucharist for the Creation Season attend online or onsite
- 3 pm Prayer Walk (see note on Sunday afternoons below)
St Michael's September 2021:
- Sundays: refurbishments have nearly been completed. The Lady Chapel has now been opened up providing more seating onsite. Online we continue to livestream on Sundays. Online or onsite we invite you to join us - please use the Contact tab above.
- Sunday afternoons our special sequence of vigils and walks will lead up and into the COP26 Climate Change Conference. Parish prayer walks begin at 3pm in our church car park and we walk a short circuit in a different area of our locality each time. Join us on 26th September for the next one. Don't forget to wear appropriate footwear and clothing. We begin our prayer vigils at 4pm on Sunday 19th September - you can drop by at any time during the one hour the prayer space is open in the building. We are live-streaming this as well. Walks and Vigils alternate and are listed in the section above each week.
- Keeping everyone safe - we are an inclusive church and so we think it important that everyone who wants should be able to attend worship safely. The PCC have decided to retain all our anti Covid-19 arrangements (sanitiser, face covering, registration, social distancing, one way system in the building) and the worship is still restricted (no singing, Peace by sign language only, and no common cup is shared).
- Limited use of the building - we remain active online and have restricted the use of the building as part of our anti Covid strategy. The number we can welcome onsite has just been expanded now the Lady Chapel has been opened up once more. We are committed to keeping our online live streaming as a permanent feature.
- Holy Communion: If anyone would like Communion at Home please use the Contact tab above. The Vicar is able to provide Communion for you in a Covid secure way on request.
- Inclusive Church: we are formally affiliated to the Inclusive Church Network - if you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find the logo - click on this and it will take you to a new website providing more details about this.
- We have a resource for praying for the Departed which can be downloaded by clicking here.
- We have a section on how to donate to St Michael's. Use the Info tab above and you will find the entry on Stewardship and a big thank you to all those who support what we do. This has enabled us to carry on developing new ways of supporting and serving one another and our wider community during the lockdown.